Services Corrosion Prevention & Laser Technology Laboratory
Main fields of activity
- Corrosion testing and prevention, including Corrosion failure analysis, Corrosion measurements and tests, Electrochemical corrosion measurements, Development of coolants.
- Surface treatment including Electroless coating deposition and Electrodeposition of metals alloys and metal/particles composites coatings, Electrophoretic deposition for the formation of ceramic coatings, Conversion coatings.
- Laser technology, including laser surface treatment, laser welding, laser cladding.
Accreditation Certificate No.023-06 from the Israel Laboratory Accreditation Authority (ISRAC)
- ISO/IEC 17025: 2005 Testing Laboratory
ASTM-G-1: Preparing, cleaning, and evaluating corrosion test speciments
ASTM-B-487: Measurement by microscopical examination of a cross section thickness
- ISO/IEC 17020: 1998, Type A Inspection Activity
- Electrochemical measurement systems- Potentiostats, EIS (Impedance electrochemical spectroscopy ) instruments with suitable software, scanning electrochemical work station SVP and SECM micro corrosion measurement system.
- Zetasizer for measurement of nano-particles size and stability of suspensions.
- Power supplies.
- Micro hardness tester (Vickers and Knoop)
- Optical Microscopes.
- Salt Spray (Fog) Chamber.
- Chemical laboratory facilities.
- Metallographic cross-section preparation equipment.
- TABER abrasion tester.
- Diode laser: CW laser, 2Kwatt with the following heads: Welding, surface treatment and cladding, including computerized table (x-y-z and spindle).
- SEM&EDS, HRSEM, GDEOS, XRD, Mechanical characterization (e.g. Hardness testers, INSTRON for Tensile strength measurements, etc.).
- We can also use TEM, HRESEM, GDA, Auger & XPS spectroscopy.