Services foundry laboratory
Services of Foundry Laboratory – Israel Institute of Metals:
- Innovative R&D projects in the metal forming and casting field.
- Metallurgical engineering consulting for industry.
- Cast product failure analysis to the industrial sector.
- Conducting industrial researches sponsored by the industry and supported by the Israeli government.
The lab has the Accreditation Certificate No.023-05 from the Israel Laboratory Accreditation Authority (ISRAC):
- ISO/IEC 17025: 2005 – Testing Laboratory
- ISO/IEC 17025: 2005 – Inspection Activity
Semi-Industrial on-site Facilities:
- High-vacuum unidirectional solidification casting machine.
- Semi-industrial press for hot and cold sintering, pressing, extrusion, drawing etc.
- Die-casting/sand-casting/investment casting/permanent-mold casting machines.
- Low-pressure and vacuum casting machines.
- Melting/induction/electrical resistance furnaces.
- Melting under protective atmosphere.
- Heat treatment with protective atmosphere or vacuum.
- Semi-solid casting machines.
- Power injection molding machines.
- Melt-spinning technology.
Analytical equipment exploited:
- OES – Optical Emission Spectrometer.
- XRD – X-Ray Diffractometer.
- AFM – Atomic Force Microscope.
- SEM/HRSEM – Scanning Electron Microscope (including high resolution).
- TEM/HRTEM – Transmission Electron Microscope (including high resolution).
- DSC – Differential Scanning Calorimeter.
- TGA – Thermal Gravimetric Analyzer.
- Mechanical testings: Hardness/micro-hardness, Instron for tension, compression, flexure, fatigue, impact and torsion tests.
- Corrosion testing.
- Thermal conduction testing.
- FTIR spectroscope.